Friday, June 8, 2007

Overcoming My Fear

Well, I finally did it. I've let someone else read my book. Actually a couple of people. Two of my close friends are currently reading my book in between the activities of their busy lives. And they want to read more! I'm soooo happy. I knew that I liked my story, but I had never had anyone actually read my writing before, well, not since I wrote poetry in high school.

I've been sending them a few chapters at a time and they seem to like it. Of course, one of them is as interested in paranormal stories as I am, but the other is unfamiliar with them. Gives me a fresh eye, I think. Should I get another friend to draft up a mock cover? Should I make a website for this book now? I'm not really sure. I do know I need to get it out to an agent or publisher.

First, of course, I need to write that synopsis and cover letter. Oh boy, I am not looking forward to that. I need to do some searching for good examples of both and then give it a shot. I am determined to get this book out there.

No comments: