Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Exploring the Blogging World

Reading other people's Blogs have made me want to write again on my own. Discovering posts that detail How To's on blogging are now taking up an exhorbinant amount of my time. But I'm learning an awful lot. It's making me feel like I've been completely out of touch with modern technology even though I've been on the Internet since it was called the Arpanet.

I particularly enjoyed reading "The First 100 Days: Observations of a Nouveau Blogger" by Guy Kawasaki. Soon, I may even figure out how to link sites, so you can read his post easily. I've also discovered Seth Godin's Blog and his advice for author's. Now, I just need to finish writing something.

It amazes me that Blogging is such a big thing and yet no one I know has a blog. It has really become something of a hobby for a lot of people. And perhaps a job for others. Not sure if there is really any money in it though. But I like the idea that there could be.

How much time and energy should one put into Blogging? Do you schedule it? An hour a day? Or maybe more? Is blogging really worthwhile? I'm really not sure. I think I need to do more research. Which means more time reading blogs. Should be interesting.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I just got back into writing in my own blogs, so have fun while at it. I've been reading blogs all night...since at least 12am.